Neil - Changes and Growth

Growing and Discerning...After the Heart of God

Saturday, January 07, 2006

My Girl, My God, and My Brothas

So I'm starting to see signs...of mine and Rachel McAdams' love going to the next level. I went to see a movie with my parents and grandmother and brother today(im in Indiana visiting them) and after resistance I talked them into seeing The Family Stone, which of course, she is in. It is by the way, the ultimate chick flick, with a few laughs and a few tears...you know, the usual. But then we come home, and my brother talks my mom into watching another movie...none other than "The Wedding Crashers." - Ironically enough, THERE she is again! Gotta love that brown hair and blue eyes.... and down here below, I love the T-shirt/sweatpants look...and I know...all girls hear the song "Comfortable" by John Mayer and say to themselves "That's me! I need a guy who can love me like that!" when they hear the lyrics "Grey sweatpants...no makeup...so perfect..." - He's just the typical college guy that all girls just lovehuh? bushy long hair, plays the guitar...tall and slender...I may be the opposite of all of those, especially the tall and slender part! Eh, they[college girls] will grow out of it...and the when then do, the Seal will be there...








Anyways, I have TONS that has been on my mind lately, but I won't write about all of it. I was thinking while walking home from our roundtable dinner Thursday night at the Wicker's residence...a VERY nice Sewickley couple that has done alot for the Fellows program.

It occurred to me: I've never heard "God's voice." I realize this is a controversial subject, but I don't hear it. I'm saying this because I know lots of Christians and non-Christians think about this - and they think its a bad thing if you can't hear it, or Non-Christians are told that God speaks to people all the time, which can be misleading because they don't think they'll ever hear it. I don't. I don't hear distinguishable words...I don't hear these things - but that doesn't mean I don't feel them. I have a conscience...and after a long conversation with my boy and roommate LANEY he made it clear as we reviewed through the Good Book that the Bible definitely states a separation of our conscience and the "voice of God." My conscience definitely says things to me...if I say something mean and am walking away, it tells me to turn around and apologize....or if I'm sitting in a room alone, I might get the inclination to pray or to go out or something. But that's okay. I have a longing - a longing that is promised to me...a longing for God. All humans are given a longing in my opinion for something. Many of us fulfill that with other things, but I think we are supposed to long for God and God alone. Just because I don't hear God's voice doesnt mean that I'm doing anything wrong, or that it doesnt exist. Our pastor Geoff said he believes some people can hear God sometimes, and some people can't. That works for me, if that makes sense. I thought maybe there was something wrong with me - either my faith wasn't good enough, or i wasn't really a Christian at times, because I couldn't "hear" God telling me what to do - but that doesn't mean he isn't showing me the things I should be doing.

anyways thats just me rambling...im done. I've also thought alot about the idea of being happy. I always felt selfish praying for myself, or even sometimes just being happy. But the more I read, the more I realize, in the words of Jonathan Edwards -

God is glorified not only by His glory's being seen, but by its being rejoiced in.

It makes sense - God is most glorified with us when we are most satisfied in him. And when we are happy, and joyful, we ARE satisfied in him...or at least we should be. God wants us to be happy....so Basically it's nice! I can strive to be happy, and joyful, in order to glorify God. what a great life.

Go bears - next week the playoffs begin, and I'm not gonna lie. I'm pumped. Probably to the point of it being unhealthy. But so be it.

This is a picture of me on a happy day, one of the MANY I've had - Paul and fletcher, the guys on the left(I would call each a "brotha from anotha motha[brother from another mother]") had girls sign their shirt...so I had to show them up and let them sign my chest...this was 3 years ago I think. Gotta love it. Have a great day, I'm done rambling....for now...muahahaha



and I know i Look mexican in the cowboy hat....I love the big guy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honi,
I love reading your blogs... but they are so stinkin' long! Are you a professional blogger now? Well, anyway, I'm pumped to see that you've been reading "The Dangerous Duty of Delight" by Piper and even more so that you've been spurred on in the faith through it. God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. True. Peace.

Laney

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post, Neil ... really good thoughts ...

6:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0623

le coq sportif shoes
merrell shoes
cheap jerseys
nets jerseys
polo ralph lauren
pandora charms
furla handbags
pistons jerseys
polo ralph lauren
michael kors outlet


3:12 AM  
Blogger jeje said...

nike factory
longchamp outlet
christian louboutin shoes
coach outlet online
canada goose jackets
pandora jewelry
huaraches
canada goose outlet
ralph lauren outlet
cheap jordan shoes

3:32 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

michael kors outlet online
cheap jordans
iniki
yeezy boost 350
cheap jordans
kyrie 5 shoes
jordans
adidas stan smith
curry 6 shoes
nike roshe run

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home