Neil - Changes and Growth

Growing and Discerning...After the Heart of God

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Home for Christmas?

I had a great weekend this past weekend, my brother was in town so it was good to hang out with him, and we went to the Bears/Steelers "Blizzardfest" Sunday and watched our team lose for the 2nd time this year in person (they've only lost four). We are a jinx.

So last week I was talking to my mom about coming home for Christmas, which I had every intention of doing, and I had already made arrangements at work for time off. She calls me and says "Uh, do you think you could come in January instead of Christmas?" I then reacted "Uh, yea, I guess" - but come on! What the heck was that all about?? Her reasoning was that my brother couldn't come til Jan., my grandma would be able to come then as well, they would be moving into a new house in late December, and she would be able to take a whole weekend off.

A bit uneasy...that night I began making calls and arrangements to get the heck out of dodge for xmas. I'll be leaving on a jet plane. After weighing my options, I said screw it, dropped $260 on 2 one-way tickets, and made my decision. I'm flying into Atlanta, GA - my friend Adam(This is us at Ryan Kelley's wedding - we were the best men) is picking me up at the airport and I'm spending Christmas with him and his family in Tennessee. We are gonna go skiing and just hang out I guess...if I don't die we'll go to the University of Georgia in Athens, GA, for a night or two, then down to Orlando, FL for the New Year with my brother....while it may not be warm enough to swim...I'll definitely be getting some sun on the beach. I need a good tan(ha!). Then I'll fly out of Jacksonville on New Years Day. If you know me, you will know that this isn't out of the ordinary for me at all...In fact, this will be the third time I've seen FL since Spring, the fourth time I've seen GA since last fall, and the second time I've seen TN since the summer. Regardless, I am excited...The dirty south always seems to be good to the Seal.

Other than that, just getting through the work week. We have a Pittsburgh Fellows Xmas party on Thursday night, then class on Friday.
A part of me wishes I was heading home to Kansas for the wheat fields and Lightning storms, but I for some reason felt God telling me to wait- I am planning on making it out there sometime soon anyways, and Adam is in the Air Force, so this was the time for me to head south...yet again.