Neil - Changes and Growth

Growing and Discerning...After the Heart of God

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The car, the Hummer and the Jr Bacon Cheeseburger


So...if you know me you know that, well, I'm kind of an idiot. So here's a nice little story for you...

Yesterday, My boss, Dan Hoey, who is the man, asked me to drop off the biggest bottle of Wine I've ever seen off at a house - it was purchased at a charity auction. So I said "Sure! I'll do it on my way home." Of course it started snowing like crazy that afternoon...messing up the roads and everything. I get to the house, no problem(it's a HUGE house by the way...not surprisngly...I mean this was a BIG bottle of wine!), and leave my car running and run up to the front door. I have a 2 minute small talk conversation with my guy, run back to the car, and get in...no, wait. The door is locked. If you know me, you know that I NEVER lock my car, so this was ridiculous...I must have hit the lock button with the HUGE box or something. Anyways...so there I am...in the middle of nowhere, at a huge rich man's house, whom I have never met before this day, in blizzard-like conditions(My cell phone, of course, was also locked in the car). So I have to walk up to the door, tell him what happened, and sit while I wait for a locksmith to call(We gave a coathanger a go...yea, it wasn't happening). So I sat in the guy's study, read the newspaper, and laughed at myself, as I tend to do more often than I'd like to admit. A half hour and $70 later, a guy like this guy up here came to get me in - it took him about 2 minutes, and I was in my car, driving home. But whatever...it happens, I really wasn't too mad...it was just an unfortunate situation, and I don't feel I could have done anything to avoid the situation. It'll be funny in a month when I don't care about $70 anymore! Hey - thats 70 Junior bacon cheeseburgers, or 70 Jr. Frostys!

On a lighter note, today I was driving down Blackburn Road to I-79 as I do everyday for work. The roads were a bit icy, so I was going the speed limit instead of 50 over. I was followed by a hummer - none of this H3 crap...A real hummer. If you've ever driven in and around Sewickley you know this isn't uncommon. But every time I checked the rear view mirror, there it was - I could speed up, and put a littled distance between us, or take a turn really sharp - but there it was. Maybe that's what God is in our life. He is there to guide us - to push us. And no matter how much we try to run away from Him, He's always gonna be there - right in our rear view mirror. Keeping us in check. When you sin, what's the first thing you do - or should do at least? - confess. You see God in that rear view mirror, and know that he just saw what you did.

So I'm gonna keep that hummer right there in the rearview mirror, and not forget it's there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, louboutin, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, ugg boots, michael kors, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, louboutin outlet, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany jewelry, burberry, ugg boots, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton

10:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

longchamp, nike air max, north face, true religion jeans, coach outlet, hogan, true religion outlet, michael kors, replica handbags, nike air max, nike blazer, louboutin pas cher, nike free run uk, converse pas cher, new balance pas cher, nike huarache, north face, nike trainers, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, ray ban pas cher, lacoste pas cher, lululemon, timberland, vanessa bruno, air max, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, hollister, ray ban uk, vans pas cher, coach purses, burberry, oakley pas cher, michael kors, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, nike free, mulberry, air force, tn pas cher, nike roshe run, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren uk, sac longchamp, nike roshe, hollister pas cher, sac guess, longchamp pas cher

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home