Neil - Changes and Growth

Growing and Discerning...After the Heart of God

Friday, March 31, 2006

Belief in Trust

Proverbs 3:5-6, one of the best known as well as one of my personal favorites:

"Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

I want to refer back to what I discussed in my last post about Stuart's Hall's Theory of:

Beliefs ----> Choices ----> Outcomes

There is a huge chasm or void between the choices we make and the outcome where we as humans don't, and for that matter maybe can't, know the outcome. Think about that. When we make decisions in our lives, how many times for certain can we know for sure what is going to happen? I think back to the biggest decision I can remember making in recent memory, which was my decision to move to Pennsylvania. At the time, my heart was in a different place, so I can't say I trusted the Lord in that decision, but I made the decision anyways, and for whatever reason I know God wanted me here, and I can see that now looking back - if you're a regular reader you'll remember me writing about being able to look back after the fact and seeing God's will. Anyways, from the moment I made that decision until even right this second, I don't know the full outcome of making that choice - Will I stay here, will I leave, who knows...it's kind of scary when you think about it. If all outcomes were in the hand of me, I would have been dead MANY years ago! I was CRAZY when I was younger...okay, I still am, but you know what I mean.

This demonstrated a lack of trust in God. I should have just trusted him like I do now. So what can I do about it now? Nothing really...except trust more. I have to trust God that me moving to Pennsylvania, and everything in my past for that matter, was part of God's idea of what I needed to get through to where he is going to take me tomorrow. Think about that. We have to trust God for our past.

God made our past, we have to believe that he knows what he was doing! Society teaches us we know best...for instance, that Kelly Kapowski was made for Zack Morris. But do I really know what's best for me? Again, I might be dead.

I'll leave with this final thought: God knows how things are supposed to be. Trust Him! He made everything. Trust that when you suffer and when you have suffered in the past that God knows you are suffering...I mean come on, just trust the things that happen...after all, who created the things that happened?

So let's all stop crying and whining about all the bad stuff that happens to us...because its always worse than everybody else. TRUST!

something to ponder about....Like me hear, pretending I had any clue what was going on at the Andy Warhol Museum - look at those sideburns...you know you love it

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, louboutin, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, ugg boots, michael kors, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, louboutin outlet, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany jewelry, burberry, ugg boots, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton

10:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

longchamp, nike air max, north face, true religion jeans, coach outlet, hogan, true religion outlet, michael kors, replica handbags, nike air max, nike blazer, louboutin pas cher, nike free run uk, converse pas cher, new balance pas cher, nike huarache, north face, nike trainers, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, ray ban pas cher, lacoste pas cher, lululemon, timberland, vanessa bruno, air max, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, hollister, ray ban uk, vans pas cher, coach purses, burberry, oakley pas cher, michael kors, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, nike free, mulberry, air force, tn pas cher, nike roshe run, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren uk, sac longchamp, nike roshe, hollister pas cher, sac guess, longchamp pas cher

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home